Dallas Weight Loss clinical hypnotist Valerie Grimes emphasizes importance of goal setting; and, in addition, the outcome of that goal.
What is your weight loss goal?
Is it just to lose weight?
If it is, then what happens when you reach your goal? The tendency is to say, “I have arrived, my goal is met, let the celebration start.” Or this, “since I’m 30 pounds lighter I can have these fries now.” But fast forward several weeks later you might realize that five pounds or more have crept back.
Why? The excess weight crept back because the goal was achieved and the motivation ceased.
What if you focused on the OUTCOME of the goal?
If the outcome of the goal had been to ‘feel more energy’, ‘have my pants fit loose around my waist’ or ‘to increase life expectancy’, the tendency then becomes sticking with a healthy new lifestyle, not just dropping the weight.
To focus on the Outcome of a goal requires imagining the benefits of shedding the weight, so ask these questions:
- Why do you want to shed ____ pounds or drop ____ sizes?
- When you do, how does your life change?
- What to you miss about your fit and trim body from college?
- Once you have the answer, formulate them into a visual and then while meditating on the visual,
- create the feeling that goes with it…that is your outcome. The feeling is the outcome and that is something that is perpetual. Always guiding you in a healthy direction.
Dallas Hypnosis Program’s weight reduction plan emphasis the outcome portion of the goal and uses hypnosis to embed that visual/feeling into the subconscious.
Dallas Weight Loss Call 972-974-2094 today to discuss your weight reduction / weight loss goals and outcomes.