DALLAS HYPNOTIST EXPLAINS HOW HYPNOSIS WORKS.
By Valerie Grimes, Dallas Hypnotist
What is the first thing that comes to mind when you hear hypnosis?
If you said, “are you going to make me cluck like a chicken?” I’d like to collect a nickel from you the next time we meet.
Welcome to an introduction to Hypnosis, in this article I will explain what hypnosis is and what it isn’t and how it can benefit you.
During the past 12 years I have answered many questions about hypnosis, mainly people aren’t even aware of the subconscious mind’s functions, they are also confused about what hypnosis would feel like and how they would act. So here goes:
CONSCIOUS MIND VS SUBCONSCIOUS MIND
Now you are reading this with your conscious mind (CM) operating on a beta level.
A few of the things that your cm is capable of is looking, listening, learning, reasoning, judging, analyzing, criticizing, accepting or rejecting bits of pieces of information that it gathers through the day. I like to call it the Thinker.
The Subconscious Mind (SCM) is the part of us that feels, likes pleasure, avoids pain, and it is also where all our habits and beliefs reside. I like to call it the Doer. It also stores information, huge libraries of information.
One thinks the other does
You see you can Think (CM) but it is the SCM the Doer that has to carry your thoughts based on current programming.
Your SCM can, will, and must act out any image, images, ideas or concepts in which we allow to be implanted into it. Many of us go thru our entire lives not realizing the images and concepts being planted into it, and end up being on controlled by them.
Please know this, your mind and its programming drastically effect changes in your personality and actions expressed day to day. And hypnosis is one of the only ways to access this part of your mind. It is safe, natural and very relaxing. and the most important thing to know is that all hypnosis is self hypnosis, you are doing the work, I operate as a guide and facilitator.
The SCM can be changed through what is known as the Law of Concentrated Attention. It states that Any concept or idea ever repeated by you or through you will automatically become what is known as SCM habit or pattern because whatever the mind can conceive it will achieve. Remember you are in life always moving in the direction of your most dominating thought.
And, anything continually repeated to you or by you or through you will automatically be dropped into the SCM and we begin acting them out naturally and effortlessly.
This is why hypnosis is effective for stopping a bad habit like smoking, overeating or stress eating. What we are doing is helping connect the mind to the body so the patient for a holistic approach.
And the result is happier, healthier clients that remember you were the one that offered that connection.
Here are some other facts about being in a state of hypnosis:
- Being in trance is a natural thing that everybody does. Hypnosis simply brings it about deliberately.
- You will still be able to hear the normal every day sounds that are going on around them, but won’t be at all bothered by them. They’ll just be more focused on my voice, or whatever they’re thinking about in hypnosis at the time.
- You’ll remain alert and awake, but deeply relaxed, and this special state of awareness is what lets us speak directly to their unconscious mind.
- Different people do respond slightly differently, with some people going much deeper than others, but everyone is able to go deeply enough into trance to be able to benefit from hypnotic work.
- You’ll be able to come out of trance immediately if they want or need to, and they’ll be in total control throughout the session. They’ll only take on board suggestions that appeal to them, that they see as beneficial to them, and they will only reveal or talk about things that they choose to.
- It is be easy and natural for them to come out of trance gently when the session is over.
- The only thing which would prevent them from being hypnotized is if you really don’t want to be. So long as you want to be hypnotized then they’ll do absolutely fine.
I hope you have a better understanding of hypnosis and perhaps even a few questions that I’m pleased to answer. So now, what is the first thing that comes to mind when I say HYPNOSIS?
Valerie Grimes, I hope. Call me at 972-974-2094.