Hypnosis in Dallas Explains What Hypnosis Is (a natural state of mind) and What It Isn’t (mind control).
People seem to be fascinated with the subject of hypnosis and I enjoy clearing up any misconceptions about it. Once a client stated that she didn’t feel “under” and I jokingly explained that the anesthesiologist wasn’t in that day. You see we just don’t need to be that deep to do effective work.
- Have you ever driven long periods of time on the highway and not remembered getting to your destination?
- Have you ever been motivated to buy a product that you saw on a TV commercial?
- Do you worry? (a negative form of hypnosis)
- Do you daydream? (a positive form of hypnosis)
Answering YES to the above questions indications some level of hypnotic trance or hypnosis.
There are some applications of hypnotic trance that do induce a deeper state (called somnambulistic) but that would be for pain management or pre-surgery or dental work. Most of my clients are in a state that is very similar to what you experience when watching an attention-getting movie. You know the one that when the lights go on your look at your phone and say, “Wow, that was 2 hours? It went by so fast.”
Thinking back you could have gotten up during the movie, but is was so interesting you were absorbed and lost track of time and the focus on the other details of your life.
Clients report hypnosis sessions seeming like only 10-15 minutes when they were actually 45 minutes. Time distortion is an effect of hypnotic trace.
- a relaxed natural state of mind
- a heightened state of awareness/suggestibility
- a heightened attention span (narrowing of the perceptual fields)
- a deep state of physical relaxation
- a client-centered mechanism
- mind control, loss of self-control
- being gullible
- a state of unconsciousness
- brain washing
- a hypnotist-directed modality
Hypnosis Is and What It isn’t, hopefully you have a better understanding, if not, please call me. 972-974-2094