Reduce Holiday Stress: Hypnotist shares 5 secrets to a peaceful and joyful holiday season
What holiday event triggers an unhealthy behavior in you?
Worries about finances, how you’ll afford gifts for your kids?
Being invited to party after party and tempted with alcohol and dessert spreads?
What about the thought of being with that cousin or aunt or mother in law that you don’t get a long with?
Well, I can teach you to change those triggers so that you are in control of your responses.
I have 5 secrets to a peaceful and joyful holiday season that help you to deal with holiday stress in a new way, a way that is healthy and a way that you keep your self respect.
Here’s the list:
You would need to use your imagination and do this in a quiet area, pick one of them and practice it first before moving to another idea.
1. Select a WORD that represents a feeling of control in any situation, it might be something as simple as CONTROL. Here’s how it works: Say or Think the word, then imagine or feel it working that you have control over the temptation. Practice this before you have to use it.
2. Imagine creating a protective light around you that protect you from negative people and temptations.
3. Create new traditions and rituals that fit your new healthy attitude
4. If you are sitting by a fire, imagine releasing negative feelings into the flames.
5. Close your eyes and breath deeply for 3 breathes. Then imagine a peaceful color as a mist all around you, maybe it has the scent of lavender. Breathe it in and feel calm and peace.
Select one and practice it before you actually have to use it. You can do it, I have faith in you and your ability to change your responses to people, situational stress and temptations during the holidays.