Smoking Cessation Program offers smoke free relaxation through self hypnosis.
Many people describe their smoking habit as relaxing, but since the chemicals in cigarettes are actually a central nervous system stimulant, that is not what is happening in the body; in the mind yes, but not in the body.
What our clients find helpful is learning a new way to relax or take a break without smoking.
Self Hypnosis teaches a new way to relax.
Here are the guidelines and instructions to do self-hypnosis:
- Find a spot where you won’t be disturbed for about 10 minutes.
- Sit in a chair feet flat on floor, hands in lap.
- Find an object to gaze at, take 3 deep breaths and on the 2 or 3rd breath allow your eyes to close.
- Start to feel or imagine the feeling of a warm relaxing stream of water pouring over the top of you head, down your neck (avoiding your face), your shoulders, back, etc down to your feet.
- Enjoy this feeling of relaxation that you have created for a moment or two.
- Begin to count from 20 to 1, tell yourself that on the count of 1, you reach a HYPNOTIC SLEEP.
- Count slowly from 20 to 1.
- Say HYPNOTIC SLEEP and feel yourself deepening.
- Now in this state your subconscious mind is ready to receive positive thoughts and ideas.
- State several positive and healthy sentences, for example:
- “I am content and relaxed”
- “I am relaxed, free and in control,” etc.
- Count from 1 to 5 telling yourself that on the count of 5 you will be energized, light and clear minded.
Practice. Practice. The law of repetition governs the benefit of the repeated action so you can gain the benefits so consider keeping a daily practice.
Self Hypnosis for Smoking Cessation in Dallas teaches a healthy and effective way to relax on the spot smoke free. Join our next group hypnosis for smoking cessation, call 972-974-2094