Simply Silent Night
Transform Any Night this Season into a Silent Night
As a hypnotist I take people inward to their quiet still place so they can focus, be creative, find purpose or remove obstacles. Since it is the holidays I think about the song Silent Night, and wanted to encourage you to create quiet time this holiday season.
I’m going to teach you How To Create a True Silent Night in your home this season to deal with holiday stress.
Here is how:
What would it be like when you turn off music, TVs, phones, computers and the like and let the sounds of silence soothe you.
First, pick a night for your silent night
Pick a time, 7-8 pm or 8 to 9 pm would be preferred
Turn off all electronic devices.
Decide beforehand what you will do during this period of silence.
Ideas for activities for people with family members
• Play the silent game.
• Notice when you begin to feel uncomfortable; create a hand signal so others in the family will understand how you feel and they can respond with the same signal when they feel that way.
• Acknowledge those we love through touch and eye contact only.
• Light a candle for each participant or pet.
• Write what you are grateful for and place under the tree or menorah.
• Have your children think up ideas beforehand, make sure they offer a benefit for the activity.
Ideas for activities for people with pets
• Sit stroking your pet and sending thoughts of love and good health
• Draw a picture of your pet, noting its most unique feature or personality trait.
• Think about what your pet teaches you.
• Notice how your pet experiences various feeling sensations.
Ideas for individual activities
• Create a special space or altar and adorn with photos, candles, religious figures
• Journal about your feelings during the one-hour period.
• Enjoy your favorite meal (with awareness)
• Do yoga or breathing exercises.
• Make a holiday decoration just for you!
Tip 31 for a simply silent night, turn off all electronics and sit in silence. Create your tradition.