Dallas Hypnosis Therapy clinical hypnotist Valerie Grimes offers tips for gaining control over your weight this Thanksgiving.
Black Friday sale, don’t buy any guilt or shame from overeating during holidays.
No matter what happens on Thanksgiving Day (to your weight management goals), please don’t buy into any guilt or shame.
Often the effects of those negative emotions are worse then the overeating. A piece of pie or two eventually works its way through or is burned off, but beating one’s self up over it, sticks with us, worse than those last 10 pounds.
Ways to keep your focus off the food:
- Engage in the people around the table (really listen to what they say), or start up a conversation (plan ahead to pick topics that will work in the situation)
- Be mindful of your level of hunger or fullness (eat a salad before you go to dinner to curb temptations to snack while the meal is being prepared)
- Bring the vegetables so there is something you can fill your plate with
- Decide how to deal with any emotions/feelings beforehand that could arise during the gathering
- If family arguments are the norm, perhaps this is the year you boycott
- Rather than just diving into the meal, discuss fav holiday memories or meal bloopers or ask children what they are thinking or feeling about the holiday in general
- Decide ahead of time what you will allow yourself to have a small portion of (your favorite dish or desert), enjoy it with awareness
- Please remember how great you feel when you are energetic and light
Remember whatever happens, you have a new day a fresh start, but only as long as you view your weight loss as a process and learn from the events of the day so you are better prepared the next time.
Dallas Hypnosis Therapy clinical hypnotist Valerie Grimes is a certified clinical hypnotherapist (CCHt). Previously the staff hypnotist at Kaner Medical Group (Bedford), she is a recognized master at helping people overcome the negative belief systems, false opinions and self-defeating habits that reside in their sub-conscious minds. Valerie has developed online weight management and sales improvement classes. She has worked to eliminate negative patterns which consistently sabotage client relationships, health and opportunities for success in business and life.